[Loch-Ruadh] Brewing Class

Gene Floyd rolfsewardson at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 18 22:21:19 PDT 2007

oops, should've read the WHOLE message. I'll see you at Lady Elizabeth's.

Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain <padraig_ruad at irishbard.org> wrote:  What: Learn how to brew beer
When: Saturday, 21 April
Where: Lady Elizabeth's
640 Kerry St Crowley, TX 76036
Directions below

This class will cover equipment needed, ingredients, and the brewing process
from start to finish.

What you need to bring: yourself, a chair, a notebook, and a few bucks to
kick in for ordering pizza.

9:00AM: Meet at The Winemaker Shop, 3006 SE Loop 820
(http://yp.yahoo.com/py/ypMap.py?Pyt=Typ&tuid=29153050&ck=3077802252&tab=B2C&tcat=8111124&city=Fort+Worth&state=TX&zip=76108-4167&uzip=76108&country=us&msa=2800&cs=9&ed=XFzsNK160SxzDIwWHRUYRwg8C0LUg2VXsgJTPaIFqnCIa3yjXafkHGSu44eh_N_reDNORCkka2N_kTo-&stat=:pos:0:regular:regT:1:fbT:0)
This will give you an idea of what's available in a brewing supply store. I
will also be purchasing the ingredients for the beer we will be making.

11:00AM: Meet at Lady Elizabeth's house (NOTE: If you can't make it to
The Winemaker Shop at 9:00, just meet here at 11:00 for the actual
demonstration part of the class)

I will be bringing examples of several different styles of beer to sample
and discuss. As beer and pizza go together so well, I thought we could
order pizza for lunch.

The beer we will be making is a Maple Oatmeal Stout. This will take at
least two weeks to complete fermentation, and will need to mature in the
bottles for two to four weeks. And yes, when it is ready, everyone who
attended the class will receive samples. We will be filming the class for
those who can't attend, and to add to the Shire Library.

Padraig

Directions to Elizabeth's:

>From Loop 820 or I-20:
South on Crowley Road to Crowley
East on Crescent Springs Drive (South of street light at the Dairy
Queen)
Right at end of street, Right on Kerry Street.
2nd house on left.

>From I-35 W:
Exit 1187 (Rendon Crowley Road) and go to red light in Crowley (CVS on
corner at light)
North (right turn) onto Crowley Road (note: construction)
Through next red-light intersection, past the Sonic and down the hill
Right turn on Crescent Springs Drive
Right at end of street, Right on Kerry Street.
2nd house on left.

or

Exit and go west on Alta Mesa, Sycamore School Road, or Risinger Road
South (left turn) onto Crowley Road