[Loch-Ruadh] Brewing Class Review

Elizabeth Hawkwood somerlidh at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 23 08:54:51 PDT 2007

Woohoo! Many thanks.

//Elizabeth

----- Original Message ----
From: Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain <padraig_ruad at irishbard.org>
To: "Shire of Loch Ruadh, Kingdom of Ansteorra, SCA, Inc." <loch-ruadh at lists.ansteorra.org>
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2007 9:09:47 AM
Subject: Re: [Loch-Ruadh] Brewing Class Review

In regard to using beer barm for bread making, here's a link to a page that
discusses doing that:
http://gallowglass.org/jadwiga/SCA/cooking/recipes/bread2.html

As most home brewed beer is covered until the fermentation is completed, the
yeast that rises to the top (barm) settles to the bottom and is left behind
when the beer is racked (transferred to another container).  This sediment
is full of active yeast, and should be excellent for bread making.

Padraig