[Loch-Ruadh] Preparing for Lughnasad

Dana sca004 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 6 06:55:21 PDT 2007

Please, please...start preparing your body now for the heat of Lughnasad! Drink extra water every day this week, you and your body will appreciate it this coming weekend. If you start the weekend out with a well-hydrated body, you will tolerate the heat much better. Drink plenty of water at Lughnasad. I try to drink a bottle of water every hour to hour and a half.

Pamper your feet this week. Get a pedicure! Drag out that dusty footbath and give those feet of yours a good soak. Lughnasad is NOT the time to show off that new pair of shoes you just bought. Wear comfortable, well fitting shoes that provide good support for your feet.

Sleep!! Get plenty of sleep this week. Use this as an excuse to sneak in an afternoon nap or two. A well-rested body will deal with the heat and stress better...and everyone will appreciate you being in a much better state of mind.

We only do this once a year and then there is the great POST Lughnasad Revel.

Please try to attend; we really have a good time. The pressure is off and the stress level is at an all time low. This is where we make improvements to next years Lughnasad!! We talk about what worked well and what changes we need to consider while everything is still fresh in our minds. We need and want your thoughts and comments. This is one of the best places where you CAN make a difference. Your one comment or observation of something could put a completely new spin on something. Without your input, we become apathetic, stale and stagnant. So, please help us and make a special effort to attend this super fun revel  The food is good, the people are fun and entertaining (some a little more than others) and this year bring your swimsuits!! We get to inaugurate Padraig and Amber's new house and swimming pool to the SCA!!

Dana