[Loch-Ruadh] A Thank You from the Lughnasad Autocrats

Pádraig Ruad Ó Maolagáin padraig_ruad at irishbard.org
Mon Aug 13 14:39:41 PDT 2007

This is just a brief (relatively) thank you to everyone who made this
year's Lughnasad another success.  After Alric and I have had a chance to
gather our wits and put out heads together, I intend to write a longer and
more detailed missive.

For everyone that helped cover my faulty memory and took up the slack
caused by my deciding to move in the middle of Lughnasad preparations, my
especial personal thanks.

Special recognition is deserved by all those who were on site Friday
morning with little or no sleep and still worked hard all day to get
everything set up and prepared.  And also to everyone who watched out for
me and Alric (and many others as well) and reminded us to drink water,
take a break, or just sit down and rest for a few mionutes.

All the coordinators went above and beyond in the preparation and
execution of their tasks.  So far as I know, there were no major and very
few minor problems with anything.

Feast was wonderfully prepared and expertly served.  I don't think serving
line has ever moved more smoothly.

I owe a great debt of gratitude to all those who helped do tear down, and
an even larger one to those selfless souls who showed up at Aingeal and
Caerell's late yesterday afternoon to offload everything and put it back
in the shed.  I know that I didn't really want to do the unloading any
more than the rest of you, but I'm very glad we got it done and out of the
way.

Most importantly, I believe that everyone who came to our event had fun,
which is why we work so hard to put it on.  It could not have been done
without the efforts of each and every person involved, and once again I am
more proud than I can say of the Shire of Loch Ruadh.

Vivat to Caerell and Terrence on their awards of the Sable Thistle, and to
Aingeal on her award of the Sable Crane, all very richly deserved.

On a personal note, I was overwhelmed to receive my Sable Crane, and I am
profoundly grateful to everyone who had a hand in recommending me for the
award.  I have said it before, and no doubt will say it again many times
in the future:  I am a lucky man, and a very rich one, to be so blessed
with all of you as my friends.

Padraig
Co-Autocrat
--