[Loch-Ruadh] YEEAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Julie Self julie_self at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 18 11:20:05 PST 2007

YeeHaw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GwenLoch Ruadh Rocks!Beam me sideways, Scottie. These people don't know which way is up!> Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 12:41:25 -0600> From: kaz.od.wolin at gmail.com> To: loch-ruadh at lists.ansteorra.org> Subject: [Loch-Ruadh] YEEAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!> > Peter Jackson to produce 'The Hobbit'> > > *NEW YORK (AP) *-- Peter Jackson and New Line Cinema have reached agreement> to make J.R.R. Tolkien's "The Hobbit," a planned prequel to the blockbuster> trilogy "The Lord of the Rings."> > Jackson, who directed the "Rings" trilogy, will serve as executive producer> for "The Hobbit." A director for the prequel films has yet to be named.> > Relations between Jackson and New Line had soured after "Rings," despite a> collective worldwide box office gross of nearly $3 billion -- an enormous> success. The two sides nevertheless were able to reconcile, with> Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios (MGM) splitting "The Hobbit" 50/50, spokemen for> both studios said Tuesday.> > "I'm very pleased that we've been able to put our differences behind us, so> that we may begin a new chapter with our old friends at New Line," Jackson> said in a statement. "We are delighted to continue our journey through> Middle Earth."> > Two "Hobbit" films are scheduled to be shot simultaneously, similar to how> the three "Lord of the Rings" films were made. Production is set to begin in> 2009 with a released planned for 2010, with the sequel scheduled for a 2011> release.> > New Line Cinema is owned by Time Warner. (Time Warner is the parent company> of CNN.) Sony and Comcast are among the owners of MGM.> > > -- > Lord Kazimierz of Loch Ruadh> (Kaz, Lord Sinister to my "friends")> Knight Marshal of Loch Ruadh> _______________________________________________> Loch-Ruadh mailing list> Loch-Ruadh at lists.ansteorra.org> http://lists.ansteorra.org/listinfo.cgi/loch-ruadh-ansteorra.org