[Loch-Ruadh] deploying to Germany

Madelina de Lindesay lymadelina at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 11 06:43:49 PST 2007

My daughter Beth who served 18 months in Iraq is deploying to Germany in May as an MP, and will be there for a year.  I'm going to visit her there in September, probably for Octoberfest.  I'll probably be there 7 - 10 days.  I've never been overseas.  Heck, I've never been to Mexico, or farther west than New Mexico, farther north than Oklahoma, or farther east than Kentucky (though I guess that is farther north than Oklahoma, come to think of it).  Does anyone have any helpful advice (aside from apply for my passport now) on traveling overseas or to Germany specifically?  Where to stay, what to see, etc.?  I don't know where she'll be based yet.  She has her code, but hasn't found out yet where she'll stationed -- whatever that means.

Thanks in advance,
Madelina