[Loch-Ruadh] deploying to Germany

DONALD H MCKINNON gruffydd_vawr at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 11 18:52:09 PST 2007

If your going during October Fest that's just about going to do it.  It will captivate you all week.

  However, I spent three year in Germany and you can't go wrong anywhere. In the Munich area, try Lichtenstein Castle. It's everything you think about in a medieval castle. When I was there, descendants of the royal family still lived there and you could meet them during the tour.

  Outside the Munich area, the best bet is a tour up the Rhine River by boat. The visit all the Rhine Castles and the wine flows. Hohenzollern Castle is where the Kaiser lived and it's also close by. There the wall are coated in gold.

  There are many other place to go but I would need to review all my pictures and guide books
  to remember most of them.  If you would like, i could try to dig them out and have them available at the next Loch Ruadh function to attend.
Madelina de Lindesay <lymadelina at earthlink.net> wrote:
  My daughter Beth who served 18 months in Iraq is deploying to Germany in May as an MP, and will be there for a year. I'm going to visit her there in September, probably for Octoberfest. I'll probably be there 7 - 10 days. I've never been overseas. Heck, I've never been to Mexico, or farther west than New Mexico, farther north than Oklahoma, or farther east than Kentucky (though I guess that is farther north than Oklahoma, come to think of it). Does anyone have any helpful advice (aside from apply for my passport now) on traveling overseas or to Germany specifically? Where to stay, what to see, etc.? I don't know where she'll be based yet. She has her code, but hasn't found out yet where she'll stationed -- whatever that means.

Thanks in advance,
Madelina