[Loch-Ruadh] Fw: [Steppes] Information Round Table (Red Tape)

Dana sca004 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 23 07:23:33 PST 2007

More interesting information.

Dana

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike" <meggiddo at netzero.net>
To: "Colleen O'Kelly / Keally" <ldycolleenokelly at yahoo.com>;
<Condottieri_Reports at yahoogroups.com>; "Phelippe Descors"
<fraydude at charter.net>; "Steppes" <steppes at ansteorra.org>;
<SteppesFP at yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2007 9:20 AM
Subject: [Steppes] Information Round Table (Red Tape)

Heilsa,

The following information received from the Central Regional Knight
Marshal, Sir Tomas -

Glaslyn and Lindenwood Knight Marshals - please pass this on to your
fighters.

There are 2 experimental programs in effect until next red tape.  Flails
and low profile thrusters on great weapons.  All experimental weapons
MUST be cleared through a regional marshal or the SEM before use.  Any
combatant can refuse to fight against it at no penalty ( go get another
toy).  Fighter who wants to use the weapon must be willing to be hit
with it 3 times, unimpeeded, in minimum armour or it will  FAIL.
Construction guidelines will be posted to the marshalette website and
will superceed the following information.

    a) FLAIL--  single handed  only, haft  no longer the 18 inches,
rope flex segment no longer than 8 inches, lanyard must be short enough
that there is absolutly no way that it can accidentaly be used as a
second flexable section (double flailing), "ball" is closed cell foam
1. They must be constructed in accordance with this
guide<
http://marshal.ansteorra.org/armored/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=43&Itemid=26>.
   2. These weapons can only be used in tournament and individual
   combat.  No use of these weapons in melee will be allowed at this time.
   3. The use of this weapon shall be restricted to experienced
   fighters.  No unauthorized fighter may use such a weapon, nor may a
fighter
   of authorized for less than six months use this weapon unless under the
   direct supervision on an experienced fighter.
   4. All combatants and marshals must consent to the use of the weapon
   or material before combat begins. If any of the marshals or combatants
   object to the use of the material or weapon, the material or weapon
may not
   be used.
   5. As of this point in time, weapons may only be inspected by myself
   (the EM), HG Patrick Michael, Sir Godwin, and his Highness (soon to
be his
   Majesty) Romanius.  I will have more marshal's available soon who can
   inspect the weapons.

To answer some questions before the even get asked, I've included the
following quick FAQ:

Q: Can I make a two handed flail?