[Loch-Ruadh] deploying to Germany

pcrandal at sbcglobal.net pcrandal at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 11 16:16:30 PST 2007

Fly Luftansa, you can get direct flights from
Houston.
Once there remember that the trains run on time.
No matter whether you are half way out the door
or not.
Public transportation is outstanding, even in the
small areas.
Depending on the area, you will have many
options. Have her get a schedule of the USO tours
during your stay. Very cheap and they often go
for a whole weekend.
She will deploy from a major replacement depot to
her base. It takes a while to get settled, so
don't try to show up too quickly. I was at a
depot for almost 2 weeks.
If she is lucky, she will be in the area around
Stuttgart or Mannheim.
The October Fests in those areas are also much
fun, and they do not have the insane crowding of
the Munich area.
Their schools require English and French as well
as German, so most young people will understand
you.
In the smaller towns you will probably not find
anyone who eats with their hands. Even pizza and
fried chicken are eaten with utensils, except for
the road side stands. Catch the places that serve
lunch to the locals. Cheap stuff, but really
good.