[Loch-Ruadh] Gulf War Meeting Notes:Recipe

CL Nurmi cnurmi at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 15 08:21:19 PST 2007

Thank you,I will keep this recipe and try it.
  This is sure the weather for it.
  I will have to use dried onions,I have a problem with them.
  Constance

Terry Sikes <tdsikes at prodigy.net> wrote:
  Ok, well here's how I make hamburger stew.

3 cans of either stewed or diced tomatoes, tomato
sauce, or tomato soup. I use 1 can of each or 2 cans
of diced tomatoes and 1 of tomato sauce

1 lb. browned ground beef
1 onion

Either:
1 can new potatoes
1 can carrots
1 bunch fresh or small pkg frozen celery

OR:
3 small cans Veg-All

OR:
equivalent frozen vegetable stew mix

Everything goes into a crock pot to cook for several
hours, usually 4 to 6 until the tomato stock begins to
turn brown. Makes about 15 bowls.

Using pre-cooked canned vegetables and browned ground
beef makes it cook faster, but the slow cooked tastes
better.

Terrence

=== message truncated ===