[Loch-Ruadh] Off Topic about the flood

PBW pbw_rn at peoplepc.com
Tue Jul 3 17:35:46 PDT 2007

At the risk of being tacky, but in need of help, I'm gonna ask something of my SCA family. As most have read Conal, kids and I are flooded out of our home. The waters are down and Conal, with his sister Angail's help, was able to go to the house today for the first time in a week. It's going to be a long time before we're able to live in it. While the house itself sustained minor damage (as compared to our neighbors) we're going to have alot of structure damage to repair before we can live in it.

As most also know we have had to kennel the dogs during this time. While the kennel folks are giving us a price break due to the circumstances it is still costing us about $75/night to board our pooches. Best case scenario we can take the pooches to the house Thursday and let them stay in the house (the dogs dont need airconditioning and the carpets are already ruined and will have to be replaced) but that will be over a weeks boarding we have to pay for.

My work has been wonderful in getting us day to day things (clothes, socks, assist with toiletries etc) and Mom (Dana) and Dad have been wonderful in letting us invade their living room (and our cats invade Mom's sewing room). Colleagues even got us a $250 gift certificate to Target to help defray expenses. We are so blessed and grateful for the assistance. Why am I writing? I cant pay the kennel with a Target gift card. Is anyone willing to "cash out" with us (equal cash for the gift card)? As it is we are having to call creditors to make payment arrangements on several bills because of costs encored already with this disaster, not to mention pending expenses.

If someone can assist in this we would appreciate it greatly. To keep the list from dealing with our saga if you can help please e-mail me (PBW_RN at charter.net) or Mom/Dana.

Magdalia/Pook