[Loch-Ruadh] Post GW Meeting notes

Kathy dkv250 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 11 15:16:04 PDT 2007

I know, it's only been 3 months since we had that meeting. I had forgotten about the notes until late last month, and I just now sat myself down to decipher the scribblings I jotted down and try to make sense of them.
  So, it's not the most organized of presentations, but here they are at last.

  Gulf War 07 Post-War Meeting
  04/01/07

  20 in attendance

  Notes are in no particular order, but listed as discussed.

  What worked?
  After discussion of the impact on campers with health issues and possible alternate locations for the Kitchen pavilion, it was decided that the arrangement for this year worked well and would be tried again next year.

  ½ walls at the front of camp worked, will have to be determined how to use with current gate construction.

  Common pavilions placed side by side rather than end to end worked well.

  What didn’t work?
  The tent set up for armor work leaked.

  Ideas:
  Need a stock of visitor seats
  Hang walls with a rope to decrease sag
  Talk with Mistress Diana about land encroachment by Arkham as it occurs.
  Caerell and Aingeal offered their encampment as a way station for phone chargers and drink coolers.
  Planning of one meal to occur at Caerell and Aingeal’s encampment was discussed.
  Prep of Butt Cans should be added to the chore list.
  Use of metal tiki torches instead of sheet wall poles to suspend walls.
  All GW Coordinators will be added to the gulfwarcoordinator at lochruadh.org e-mail list.

  Complaints/Concerns/FYIs:
  The Temporary Gate should have been removed when we left site.
  We need to assure that there are period looking tents at the front of our encampment in accordance with the agreement made when we attained land across from the early period encampment.
  Would like to see the permanent gate completed by the end of summer.
  Pyrethrine can be used to control the berry vines with cautious application to save the grass.
  If we have overflow camping available we need to notify Mistress Diane or the Watch.
  Any plantings higher than 3 in. must be pre-approved.
  All Land contact should be made through Mistress Diane.
  The Land Coordinator on –site should make personal contact with Mistress Diane each year.
  Any permanent posts sunk must be treated wood and be treated each year with a Round-Up type product. Treatment should be in a 3ft circumference around each post.
  Master Erik from Early Period loves home-made cordials (it never hurts to maintain good relations with the neighbors).
  Kingdom Land Coordinators have nothing to do with our land. Our only required contact with the Regional Coordinator is so that Registrations can be monitored for problems.
  Mistress Diane is working on permanent Land Groups being able to have 2-4 people listed as early on as well as trying to get permission to have a group on-site the weekend before War. These people would have to be off-site by the Wednesday before War and then could come back on-site Sunday with other registered attendees.
  Copies of all historic Land e-mails will be sent to Dana to forward to Mistress Diane as she re-builds her files after the hurricane.
  Seleone is coordinating an ”End of the World” party for Thursday night 03/08.
  Dirt dug up to seat the Gate will be used to fill holes and low areas on the Land.

  Future Plans:
  If we want water piped to our Land this is possible. This must be approved before-hand, we are responsible for all labor and materials, and all work must meet building specs.
  There was discussion of the possibility of putting in portable showers after the gate construction is complete.

  Praises:
  Connie did a wonderful job as Kitchen Coordinator.

  GW 08 Coordinators as voted in by those in attendance:
  Land: Terrence
  Deputy: Aingeal

  Camp: Rolf
  Deputy: Alric

  Kitchen: Gwen
  Deputy: Sybil

  Seneschal Rep: Seneschal or as appointed by the Seneschal

Catrin
Seneschal, Loch Ruadh
Loch Ruadh Rocks!