[Loch-Ruadh] Demo Possibility

Steve Rourke steverourke at charter.net
Thu Jul 12 07:16:50 PDT 2007

As I tried last year I am again trying to garner interest in doing demos at the new Ren Faire in Hillsboro. I have been in contact with the owner/G.M. of the faire and he is willing to give free passes to those members who are willing to show up and put in time to work as SCA for the demo.

This year they will be running for 2 weekends in October the 13th &14th which would conflict with Namron Protectorate,Tourney by the Loch, and Quest for the Round Table. And the second weekend would be the 20th & 21st which would conflict with Deeds of Heros, Day in the Ottoman Empire, and Brad Leah Survivor.

An added benifit to participating in the faire is that the owner would be willing to rent out the site to the various groups in the region for events during the faire's off season.
The owner is also willing to allow those of us who wish to, the opportunity to build our own structure on the grounds which would be used as our base of operations for the faire and for any SCA events that may take place on the site.

If anyone has any comments, questions or suggestions please feel to contact me