[Loch-Ruadh] Arrived on site

Adam Harrison concrete_donkey at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 9 13:24:37 PST 2007

--- Chris Harper <bice at backroadsoftexas.com> wrote:

> Don't I remember you having that idea a few years
> ago?
> At least I think it was you.
>
> Bicé

Yeah that was me collaborating with Sluggy.  I taped a
disposable still camera to one of my arms several Gulf
Wars ago.  (That worked!)

Then the summer after that Sluggy and I got the idea
of mounting a tiny video camera to a helmet and having
it transmit to a recorder on the side of the field.
We got the camera/transmitter rigged and working, but
never got the receiver to work right in the field.
Then again, we only tried it once.

The difference with this thing is the entire camera is
in one piece, and has only one moving part (the focus
on the lens).

So, instead of having 1. A camera in a housing wired
to 2. A transmitter wired to 3. A battery pack:
transmitting to 4. A Receiver mounted to 5. A VCR
mounted to 6. A Battery or car, all we have is one
single compact unit.  Much simpler.

That's what 6 years of technological improvements
makes, eh?

Samsung makes a similar camera with a remote lens
(much smaller than this thing even), but it has no
microphone on the remote lens and it's about three
times the cost.

-Bjorn