[Loch-Ruadh] War Thoughts

Cat fem_cat at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 19 17:01:58 PDT 2007

Okay...Does anybody else wish they were back at War
already?!

Here I sit, washing smoke scented, dust embedded
clothing wishing I was once again with my friends and
family enjoying a nice leisurly war!

I had so much fun this year that I cannot express it
all at once. Meeting new people, enjoying old
activities, and sipping a few new concoctions of
course. Apple pie is addictive when in liquid form by
the way.

I will have memories of this War as being one of the
silliest, most layed back, easy going, enjoyable trips
to Gulf Wars ever. My travel complanions were
wonderful and time slipped by so quickly.

So many memories still to sort out..Becoming one of
the first followers of Saint Uddgar of Lefism (name
and location mangled appropriately of course), having
our flag taken and then reclaimed from those naughty
neighbors of ours of the Black Hand (retribution will
be gloriously fun!), being labled a "seeing eye Kat",
enjoying "SeanTea" at tea time, wandering with the
Lord Padraig to the King's bardic where he struck the
first blow of the War... exploding beer
bottles...mini-crossbows, shopping shopping shopping,
Grimulf in camp on more than one occasion *happy
sigh*, great friends, time with chosen family and
sooooo much more.

I spent most of my time on the youth feild this year.
Only one more year for Robert as a youth fighter so
these times are special and to be cherished. As you
have already heard he and two others won the Trimarian
melee tourney with all 3 Ansteorran youths. He is the
Commander of the Triskle Legion of Trimaris Champions.
They then took every single Fort battle the next day,
again.. all Ansteorran youths. Sadly the youth
fighters were not recognized for their hard work in
court this year as usually done. But they all brought
home memories to think back on and in Robert's case,
notes on what he needs to work on for next year. A
side note, he signed in to every single tourney and
melee as "Robert of Loch Ruadh" so that all would know
where he came from and what the burning ember on his
chest represented.

There are so many more stories and memories. I cannot
wait to see every one again and share them over a
drink and a laugh.

Many of you were terribly missed, let us start
planning for next year NOW.

Lady Katheryn
Shire of Loch Ruadh
Kingdom of Ansteorra