[Loch-Ruadh] War Thoughts

Gene Floyd rolfsewardson at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 21 09:07:29 PDT 2007

Yes, I want to be back at War with all my friends, but I tink I'll wait until after my knee heals completely. It's just to tempting being near  the field when a battle is going on, so I spent a lot of time down at Sherwood Range. I even got Penny to throw axes at the live weapons range"At the targets, not me".
  Rolf

Pádraig Ruad Ó Maolagáin <padraig_ruad at irishbard.org> wrote:
  You bet! I want to be sitting under the common area pavilion, drinking
coffee, swapping "No s***, there I was" stories, and planning the day's
activities. But noooooo; I'm sitting at my desk at work (writing emails
instead of working, granted).

I want to thank everyone in camp who helped me out by running and fetching
and carrying for me. War with a broken foot was a little more difficult,
but great fun nonetheless. All these good friends helped make life in
camp easier for me (listed in a combination of where their tents were in
camp and/or when they arrived): Polydore, Gruffydd, Vivian, Vigolf,
Constance, Wendy (I can never remember your SCA name for some reason),
Taylor, Rolf (who took my truck up to the parking lot twice), Sybil,
Penny, Sluggy, Gabrielle, Alric, Fiona, Elizabeth, Kat, Alex (who went and
retrieved my truck from the parking lot), Melodie, Robbie, Duckie,
Terrence, Airaklee and Bjorn. My heartfelt thanks to you all for easing
the way for me and making War more enjoyable.

Aside from my friends, the Green Dragon has become the best thing at War
to my mind. I get to play my guitar and sing, I get free beer, people
applaud and give me money - all in a beautiful Medieval tavern. Everyone
has their own vision of the Dream, and the perfect representation of it ro
me is the Green Dragon.

Duckie swears that the reason Ansteorra didn't win all the battle points
was because I wasn't fighting this year, so I promise not to break my foot
next year so that I can be on the field. I really missed hitting our
friendly enemies the Triamrians, and smacking Duke Bytor with my crutches
just wasn't the same.

I'm ready to go again - except for packing up, loading the truck, etc.
But those are just minor details.

Padraig the Lame
--
Nunc est bibendum.