[Loch-Ruadh] storm report

Kathy dkv250 at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 3 06:58:06 PDT 2007

We faired the storm with no damage. Our only casualty was a small patio table that may now be somewhere in Crowley. Power went down on our block about 6:30 pm, and came back up around 11:30 after we had given up on it and headed to bed. Our animals raised almost as much noise as the warning sirens, but they had calmed by the time we got home from Populace.

Madelina de Lindesay <lymadelina at earthlink.net> wrote:
  I hope everyone is safe and dry. Our power went out last night around 6:30 p.m. and was still out this morning when I left for work at 7:10 a.m. Luckily we've roughed it before, and Logan had a few kerosene lanterns lit and in strategic places by the time I got home.

I had stopped to get gasoline at the corner of McCart and Sycamore Road when Logan called to say there was a tornado nearby, so Brighid and I went to a nearby restaurant to take cover. I figured we could take refuge in the restaurant's walk-in cooler if need be or in the restrooms if the cooler wasn't large enough. The winds were so high that the front of my car was rocking and I was almost afraid the car was going to be blown over on its side. A light pole in the parking lot was swaying so much everyone in the restaurant feared it would break and crash through the window.

When the storm subsided, we returned home and saw many downed branches and even an uprooted tree on the drive back. Thankfully, we suffered no damage, though there was a small leak in the ceiling in the hall. We're due to put on a new roof anyway, so that will be fixed in due course.

How did everyone else fare?

Madelina (who continues to be thankful to live on a hill since there was flooding at Granbury Road and Hulen)