[Loch-Ruadh] Gate Trip

Kaz kaz.od.wolin at gmail.com
Tue May 22 09:16:25 PDT 2007

We talk a lot in this Society of Dreams. This Gate has been in my dreams
(and nightmares) for nearly two years. To see that dream rise from the
ground, lifted by the hands of some of the greatest people I have ever met,
meant quite a bit to me. As we lifted that monster into place, all of us
straining with its weight, I actually had several visions flash through my
head.

The first I can recall was me sitting at the computer drawing a rough
design. Next was the discussion session at IHOP where the decision was made
to go with the "Henge" option. I remembered my panic as I realized that I
had a concept but no tested idea of how to actually construct it. I then saw
the generous gifts donated to be auctioned to raise the money for
construction. I thought back to the days in the backyard building the
skeleton, laughing and enjoying each others company. I remembered the day
before, all of the cursing and grunting, the scrapes, splinters and turned
ankles as we carried the pieces from the backyard to the trailer.

Finally, I came back to reality and saw the strain each of us were exerting
to lift that 1500 pound plus Gate into place. As that structure of metal and
wood rose, so did the dreams of the Shire. When the Gate dropped into the
foundation holes, our dreams took root and changed.  Dreams turned to
reality. The Gate fell into place and we boldly claimed that land as ours.
The size of the Gate will forever show everyone the size of our hearts and
dedication. Unlike other gates, ours is stone, permanent as the bonds of
friendship we share. I realized how much the Gate really represents Loch
Ruadh. Like us, it may creak and groan time to time, but it will never fall.
All who enter our encampment will remember that our hearts are as big as our
Henge.
I wanted to take a moment to thank several people by name for helping and
supporting our Shire's Gulf War Gate effort. I also extend my thanks to the
Populace of Loch Ruadh for their support.

The Installation Crew
Lady Aingeal
Lady Brighid
Lady Elizabeth
Lord Vémundr
Lord Alric
Lord Father
Lord Padraig

The Construction Crew
 Lady Elizabeth
Lady Grainne
Lord Alric
Lord Father
Lord Tegwared
Lord Rolf
Lord Conor
Lord Polydore
Lord Terrence

The Auction Crew
Lady Gwenllian
Lady Sybil

While the Gate is not complete, the bulk of the work is done. Another
weekend trip or two and it will be covered completely in its cement shell.
If you have not had a chance to get your hands dirty with the construction
and would like to, keep an eye out for our next trip.
--
Lord Kazimierz of Loch Ruadh
(Kaz, Lord Sinister to my "friends")