[Loch-Ruadh] Gulf War Gate trip

Pádraig Ruad Ó Maolagáin padraig_ruad at irishbard.org
Tue Oct 9 07:39:36 PDT 2007

Just found out this morning that we are doing a major software
installation that weekend, and I need to be present for it, so I will not
be able to attend.

Can we shoot for sometime in November?

(Alric, you forgot to list "BEER" after coffee.)

Nunc est bibendum.
Politicians prefer unarmed peasants.

alric & Fiona wrote:
> We still need to get this gate finished. and we really need to do it
> before
> GW which means pretty dang soon.
> Therefore, I am still planning to go. I also have work issues that may
> interfere.   If  I can go, I have a 10 X 20 pavillion we can use for
> sleeping quarters and I can bring my trailer to haul supplies and other
> stuff.  we will need as scecond vehicle though.
> We will also need
>     at least two fairly tall step ladders 10 footers at least.
>     a wheel barrow to mix thye mortar in (I have mine and can bring it)
>     Shovels, hoes , trowels, hammers, etc.
>     a weedeater if we are going to do any yard work.
>     a fish tape to put the rope back under the road
>     rope to put under the road - I think I may have some somewhere
>     food
>     BEER!
>     water
>     BEER
>     Coffee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> Alric
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Terry Sikes" <tdsikes at prodigy.net>
> To: "Shire of Loch Ruadh, Kingdom of Ansteorra, SCA, Inc."
> <loch-ruadh at lists.ansteorra.org>
> Sent: Monday, October 08, 2007 11:39 PM
> Subject: [Loch-Ruadh] Gulf War Gate trip
>> Everyone,
>> Kaz dropped me a line today stating that due to work
>> related scheduling he isn't able to make the Gulf War
>> gate trip on Oct. 19-21.  This means that we have 5
>> definite and 1 maybe on a trip that we pretty much
>> figured we needed 6 to do the work.
>> First off, is there anyone else going besides those
>> that indicated they were going at Populace?  If anyone
>> would like to go that was not present at populace they
>> would certainly be appreciated.
>> This leaves us two possibles.  We go ahead and go with
>> the people and vehicles we can and try finishing the
>> gate, or we postpone the trip until later and take our
>> chances with time and weather.
>> If we reschedule the trip anytime before Dec. 31 I
>> won't be able to go as I have the last 2 days of my
>> vacations on the schedule and they can't be changed.
>> If we schedule after Dec. 31 we only have January and
>> early February, as no work is permitted on the land
>> just before Gulf War.
>> Anyone have any ideas?  What is the pleasure of the
>> populace and the work party?
>> Terrence

More information about the Loch-Ruadh mailing list