[Loch-Ruadh] New Website

Cat fem_cat at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 22 12:13:55 PDT 2007

It is my opinion that the website has taken a step
backwards in design. The old website clearly depicted
a medieval feel (the castle graphic etc), used Loch
Ruadh's colors quite well (Red, Black and Gold) and
really portrayed the subject and group covered.

I do not think the light blue and light yellows now
being used tie into Loch Ruadh at all. There are now
four different font colors, about 6 different font
sizes, and its all topped off by a top border that
makes me think of Charlie Brown's sweater every time I
see it. The tables (which I know are being pulled from
a database) are all displayed in purple which don't
tie color in at all with any other color scheme on the
site.

The drop down menu is easier to use but is there a
reason there are four different colors being used as
button colors on the Newcomers page?

The Calendar view option is great, List vs Calendar,
much better functionality.

All in all, I think the website could be more uniform
in design, color and display and MUCH more
respresentitive of Loch Ruadh. The Loch Ruadh
badge/device is not even proudly displayed.

Lady Katheryn, the Black Hearted
Shire of Loch Ruadh
Midshipmen, Seadrake