[Loch-Ruadh] [Elfsea] A Battle Lost

Pádraig Ruad Ó Maolagáin padraig_ruad at irishbard.org
Thu Sep 27 13:46:09 PDT 2007

Like many others, I fondly recall the many opportunities I had to visit
with Artair and Rose at events, and it seems I always came away with some
something new about Celtic history that I learned fron Artair.  He will
always be part of the tapestry of the SCA to me.

In honor of this good man's life, I humbly offer this sonnet.

For Artair

Alas!  No more shall feather’d arrow fly
Through crystal air, released by bow of yew
And for the archer lost, each friend must cry
For absence now of this companion true
No more the teacher, guiding with a word
Transfiguring the tree to polished bow
But apprentices still to the workshop spurred
To use and spread the knowledge he did sow
Gone is the storyteller, far away
To where we cannot hearken to his lore
But eager, we had heard what he did say
And knowing, shall remember evermore