[Loch-Ruadh] FW: Fiber Art Workshop Opportunity

Julie Self julie_self at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 17 21:00:38 PDT 2007

Thanks for the info.  This sounds really neat, but the tuition and supply fee is a little steep for my blood!Loch Ruadh Rocks!Beam me sideways, Scottie. These people don't know which way is up!> From: clan_mac at charter.net> To: loch-ruadh at lists.ansteorra.org> Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 21:46:39 -0500> Subject: [Loch-Ruadh] FW: Fiber Art Workshop Opportunity> > > > > > _____ > > Here is the email that I received today. > > > > Aingeal> > > > > > > > From: HCAF Visual Arts [mailto:visualarts at hcaf.com] > Sent: Saturday, September 15, 2007 4:07 PM> To: hospitaler at lochruadh.org> Subject: Workshop Opportunity> > > > I saw the website for your organization and wanted to share this opportunity> for those who might be interested in learning loom weaving. Please share> this with others and include in newletter if it is applicable with your> interests. > > > > Our organization, the Hill Country Arts Foundation, is located in the> beautiful Hill Country of Texas, just 5 miles west of Kerrville on the bank> of the Guadalupe River - a beautiful place for a retreat and and inspired> creativity.> > > > Thank you, Teri Valentine> > Hill Country Arts Foundation> > Ingram, TX> > 830-367-5120> > > > BEGINNING WEAVING with Letitia Rogers> > December 3 - 14> > This workshop is the place to start for anyone wanting to learn to weave on> a loom. The class will provide the student with the skills to dress a loom> and weave cloth. Reading a pattern draft, design concerns and some color> theory will also be covered. No previous weaving experience is necessary.> There will be a $35 supply fee for each student.> > Tuition: $250> > > > Letitia Rogers has been a weaver for over 30 years. She studied at the> Stanta Fe Center for Fiber Arts and learned from such well-known weavers as> Alberte Coopman, Joanne Hall, Katherine Sylvan, and Joanne Tallarovic. She> now lives in Fredericksburg where she weaves, teaches weaving and enjoys> living in the country with her husband , Michael, and three cats.> > > > A deposit of $50 is required to for registration. This may be mailed to:> HCAF Workshops, 120 Point Theatre Road South, Ingram, TX 78028 or> registration may be made over the phone with a credit card 830-367-5120>