[Loch-Ruadh] Tolkien lecture in McKinney

Terry Sikes tdsikes at prodigy.net
Sat Sep 29 08:07:06 PDT 2007

Cross posted from Steppes list.

Greetings everyone!

   I know I have not said much or been to visit in a
while but I
 thought the
following might be of interest to some here (and
please feel free to
 forward
to other area lists, especially Steppes).

   In October, my wife, Jennifer, is giving a free
talk on Tolkien as a
gateway to medieval studies.  For those who have not
met her and did
 not
know, Jennifer spent a summer a few years ago as part
of an NEH grant
studying Tolkien with some of the top Tolkien scholars
in the world.
  She
also recently completed her MA in English Literature
with a focus on
Anglo-Saxon and Medieval studies.  In addition to that
she has been
 teaching
her AP British Literature course at her high school
for five years now
 using
Lord of the Rings as the comparative basis for
instruction, in
 particular
when doing _Beowulf_.

   Anyway, here is the information:

Event:	Tolkien's Lord of the Rings: Gateway to
Medieval Times (public
lecture)
Speaker:	Jennifer Culver, M.A.
Where:	Dulaney Room of the McKinney Memorial Public
Library
When:		Saturday, October 20, 2007, 2 PM
Admission:	Free

Sincerely