[Loch-Ruadh] Gate Sign Lettering Style

Terry Sikes tdsikes at prodigy.net
Fri Apr 11 08:17:27 PDT 2008

As I recall the part of the gate design with the sign was stipulated as for illustration only as one of the possibles ideas for a sign and the actual design was left open for decision later.  I had volunteered to carve or woodwork the design when the design was finalized, but we had not decided on whether there would be an outer sign or if we wanted to paint Loch Ruadh on the gate.

  Terrence

Kathy <dkv250 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
  I thought the original approval from the Populace was for a round sign in two half circle parts. "Shire of" at the top, "Loch Ruadh" at the bottom.

Pádraig Ruad Ó Maolagáin
wrote:
Greetings to the Shire!

As you know, the plans are to make a trip to King's Arrow Ranch not later
than Memorial Day weekend to complete the gate on our land there. Part of
the requirements for the gate is to have a sign with our name attached to
the gate.

The proposal is to rout "LOCH RUADH" onto an 11 foot long 2'x12' board,
paint the recessed letters, and lightly stain and seal the wood in a
manner to give a weathered appearance. This will be fastened to the
crosspiece.

And the Populace gets to decide on the lettering style!

At http://www.lochruadh.org/gatesign/, you will find three different
lettering styles to chose from; just click on the link at the bottom to
open an email to the Gulf War Coordinator. Type the name of the lettering
style you prefer in the body of the email and send it. (If the link
doesn't open an email for you, open an new email from your email program,
address it to gulfwarcoordinator at lochruadh.org, and put Gate Sign Vote in
the subject line.)

Voting will close on Tuesday, 15 April, so that votes may be tallied in
time for Officers Meeting.

In service,
Nunc est bibendum.

Catrin