[Loch-Ruadh] Padraig to perform at 2nd Tues at FWCAC

DONALD H MCKINNON gruffydd_vawr at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 8 10:37:23 PDT 2008

i DON'T KNOW MY BEST GARG IS IN THE LAUMDRY.

  GRUFFYDD

"tiggerthistle at netzero.net" <tiggerthistle at netzero.net> wrote:

Anybody going to this and if so are we going mundane or in garg???
Vivian
2nd Tuesday Poetry Series

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Presents

Medieval Re-enactor Sam Milligan
who will present Music and Poetry of the Middle Ages
as Lord Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain

Crystal Dozier
Poet and Publisher of the DFW Poetry Review, will host.

Reception 7 p.m.
Performance 7:30 p.m.

Fort Worth Community Arts Center
1300 Gendy Street 76107
817-738-1938

Sam Milligan offers the following information about himself:

"I'm Sam Milligan, known to my fellow historical re-enactors in the
Society for Creative Anachronism, [SCA, a worldwide organization of
Medieval re-enactors,] as Lord Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain,
a 13th century Irishman. I have been playing guitar and singing since I
was fourteen.

"Although today I concentrate primarily on folk music, most of that related to
the Medieval era..., I have played everything from heavy
metal to country and western. While spending over eight
years in England when I was in the Air Force, I became interested in English folk
music, some of it dating back over 500 years. This turned out to be very
useful when I got involved in historical re-enactment about 16 years ago, and
I decided to take on the role of a bard, or minstrel.

"I enjoy playing and singing for my three young grandsons as much
as I do for a group of historical re-enactors in a Middle Ages tavern.
I have taught the oldest, who is four, several songs and a few chords on the guitar,
thus making sure I have someone to carry on the tradition."