[Loch-Ruadh] Lughnasad

Kevin Valliquette grimolfr at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 22:31:14 PDT 2008

Greetings, Loch Ruadh!

It is with deep regret that I must say I will not be in attendance at
Lughnasad this year due to mundane commitments. This morning I
received a call from Michele, who is at Pennsic, and she said that she
had sent hugs for me with Aingeal to be delivered this weekend, and I
realized that I had neglected to mention to anyone that I would not be
able to attend. I do hope it's a great time, and please, someone, sing
extra loud for me! I'll have an ear out to the south and be listening.
;)

Also, I hope the Titled Bard competition is a good one, and I offer
here words for the next Bard of Loch Ruadh; these I wrote (with some
suggestions from Michele) for the occasion of my stepping down a year
ago:

A warning to future bards of Loch Ruadh:
The hospitality of Loch Ruadh is so great, it may be dangerous to your health...

Well, you know I'm one who never fails
To sample beers and meads and ales
But be careful, my bards, it could be risky
When someone at Loch Ruadh's fire gives you whiskey...

Beware the blessing of Saint Uddgar, my bards
Be careful of Loch Ruadh's hospitality
Or you may end up in your tent
Wonderin' where your damn hat went
And feelin' too aware of your mortality

Well, I'll sing some more and drink some more
But rarely will I be hungo'er
But when good whiskey's chased by butt'ry nipples
My brain does swim, my head is filled with ripples

Beware the blessing of Saint Uddgar, good bards
Be careful of Loch Ruadh's hospitality
For you may end up in your tent
Wonderin' where your damn boots went
And feelin' too aware of your mortality

Well, listen now, you bards take heed
They'll give you beer and ale and mead
Though it seems like it's a night well spent
It may leave you wond'ring "where the hell's my tent?"

Beware the blessing of Saint Uddgar, good bards
Be careful of Loch Ruadh's hospitality
You might wake up in a strange tent
Wond'rin' where your damn clothes went
And questioning the state of your morality

-HL Grímólfr Einarsson
A too distant Bard of Loch Ruadh

--
Tip: If your comic book geek isn't loudly complaining about something,
check carefully - you might have blacked out and killed it.