[Loch-Ruadh] Lughnasad Awards

Terry Sikes tdsikes at prodigy.net
Sun Aug 10 20:57:49 PDT 2008

Thank you Padraig!,

I would have liked to say this in court, but I'll say
it online here.

By all rights I should have been the Deputy Autocrat
or the Autocrat in training, but I was prompted to bid
to be autocrat even though it was a bit over my head.
Organization and memory are not my forte'.

Luckily Loch Ruadh is a great team, filled with people
that know what needs to be done to make a fun event,
and full of knowledge on how things need to be said,
done, and organized.  There is NO WAY I could have
done well as autocrat if I had not had people sending
me reminders, telling me how and why they had
organized things, and asking me pointed questions to
make me realize when something needed to be done.

Even people that knew they were not going to be at the
event turned out to work on things like site tokens,
the archery dragon, scrolls, invitations, etc., and
donated prizes and auction items.  An incredible
amount of time and talent were brought to bear at
every turn and ensure the event went smoothly.

So thank you again everyone, if I have a feather in my
cap for being autocrat, it is because YOU put it
there!

Terrence

--- Pádraig Ruad Ó Maolagáin