[Loch-Ruadh] Gulf War Gate

George Boles gboles01 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 10 11:18:02 PST 2008

Greetings again

HL Aingael has negotiated 5 early on slots for a group to go and work on our land and gate at GW.  The slots are being donated by the Early Period encampment from their "early on" allotment.  This means we will have to show a fair amount of progress on our gate and site.
We will be able to get Onsite the Wed Morning before the official GW gate opens on Sun.

I would like to propose a meeting sometime after the Holidays for those
of us who will be able to go early, and for anyone else interested, to
discuss what we need to do, what we need to take with us, what we need
to buy in Hattiesburg and how we need to assomplish what we need to do.

As far as I know the following needs to be done:
1.  Re-coat the gate with mortar to replace some of the studff that is flaking off
2.  Put a marine plywood top on the gate and paint it as no one will be looking at the top of the gate anyway
3.  Coat the underside of the gate with mortar
4.  Mow the grass. weed eat and generally clean up the site.
5.  Layout the camp site for people arriving later

As toa meeting date the 10th of Jan at my house would be good (pending approval from house six).

I have spoken with Ducky and he is willing to go out early and work.  We only have 5 slots so we will need to bring volunteers that are willing to work. The cafeteria will be open so meals are not a problem.  We may even be able to get a hot shower at the bath house.

Alric