[Loch-Ruadh] Trip to the Kimbell Art Museum - Picturing the Bible: The Earliest Christian Art

Aingeal clan_mac at charter.net
Sun Feb 10 11:20:09 PST 2008

When: February 16, 2008 at 1:00 pm

Where: Kimbell Art Museum

Map to location: http://tinyurl.com/3b42la

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

We will be having a group trip to the Kimbell Art Museum on Saturday, Feb. 16 at 1PM to see the exhibit "Picturing the Bible, The Earliest Christian Art."
The Kimbell Art Museum is located at 3333 Camp Bowie Blvd., Fort Worth, near the intersection of University Dr. and Camp Bowie Blvd.

Those that cannot make the 1PM time are invited to join late, as the museum tour is self guided and the museum is open until 5PM.  The tour takes approximately 1 1/2 hours.

Admission to the exhibit is $14 for adults, $12 for seniors 60 and over and students with ID, $10 for children 6-11, and free to children under 6.  Those that do not have the budget for admission, there is a substantial and very interesting permanent exhibit that can be view for FREE!  There is also a nice gift shop where books and postcards can be purchased showing museum pieces appropriate for primary A&S references.  I purchased the exhibit catalog that I would be glad to let anyone look through also.

The free permanent exhibit includes South American statuary, Egyptian artifacts, and some very famous masterpieces painted by several Renaissance and modern masters, among many other pieces.  The Picturing the Bible exhibit has many carvings in ivory, marble, limestone, and wood, several illuminated scripts, glass medallions, jewelry, coins, funerary art, as well as many additional pieces.  These are mostly dated from the 2nd to the 6th Century AD.

Those that wish to gather before going to the museum, I was planning to be at the McDonalds at the corner of Montgomery and Camp Bowie at 12 noon until just before
1 PM to socialize, unless someone has a better suggestion.

Anyone that needs directions to the museum are encoraged to contact me at the Loch Ruadh Minister of Arts and Science link or at tdsikes at prodigy.net.

Terrence ad te Syke
Loch Ruadh MoAS