[Loch-Ruadh] Needleworker's News Flash!!!

Klfrench1023 at aol.com Klfrench1023 at aol.com
Sun Jun 8 14:11:12 PDT 2008

Hello everyone!

I have exciting news for you--HE Mistress Ameline is coming to
Needleworker's Guild on Tuesday to teach us how to stitch our butt!  Er,  rather, how to do
a butt stitch, which is used for making shoes.  Everyone  will get to make a
pair in felt to take home.  Which reminds me, if you can  bring a sewing
machine and/or felt, that would be great.  I have two tables  that we can use, and
some felt here, but we need more!  Also, if you  have/want to bring leather,
that would be great too.  She has a few period  patterns to share with us, and
these shoes are super-easy to make.  If you  don't want to make a pair, just
come and watch, or bring your own stuff to work  on.  I am really excited about
this one--hope you are, too!

I have also talked to HE Mistress Stella about coming to teach us how to
make all sorts of period pouches at a later date (her garden needs a lot of work
right now), and she has agreed to help us.  I have to tell you that her
pouch documentation is stellar! (Every pun intended)  Later this month, we  will
be starting our workshop on early period garb for camping.  There are  a lot of
very easy styles to choose from.  No matter what your persona may  be, I'm
sure we can whip up something that will help to keep you from wilting at  camp.

See you there!

Caterina

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.