[Loch-Ruadh] My thoughts on war (Was War and Goliards)

an angel in black ink angelinblackink at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 9 11:00:15 PDT 2008

Greetings,

  I would like to thank the people who, in recent days, have sent me encouraging and positive input.  Your kind words and advice have been a valuable gift worth treasuring, helping us to better adapt ourselves to the task at hand.  I would also like to extend genuine thanks to those who have been somewhat less than convinced with the validity of our quest and motives.  Your input is every bit as important and cherished as those who support us for it helps us to remain humbled and aids us in our need to serve the people of this glorious kingdom.  Without you, there would be nothing to make us stop and consider our own selves as we have asked others to do.  What sort of people would we be without that?  I also must applaud the people who have given their honest opinions, be they for or against what we have been up to.  The people who live here in this kingdom have always been passionate in one way or another and it does my heart good to see so many putting in on this.  I must
 also thank those who are, like us, striving to help rekindle interest and the ideals of chivalry, courtesy, and honor.  I can now see, that speaking your mind in a public forum can be just as taxing upon you as it can be rewarding.  I have recently been moved to show great respect for those who would not hide their hearts and minds.  I am humbled by this experience in many ways.  Many of you told us this would happen and you were right.  Thank you for preparing us.

  I would like to make just a few clarifications before we stop beating out dead horse and get back to work, though.  First I would like to say that, while many of the Miscreants are part of the Goliard, the Goliard is NOT a Miscreant project.  Some of us aren't even involved, though the number is few who do not.  Many of the Goliard didn't even quite know what a Miscreant was until after the ball was rolling.  I'll leave them to decide if they will introduce themselves though.  Second, I would like to say that most of us have spoken positive words unto the populous in poem story and song for years.  This is the FIRST and only piece thus far that I have written in the Goliard spirit and I do not appreciate people telling me I'm upset because I'm not having fun while I'm actually having a blast.  I've always enjoyed you all (though at different levels) and most of our group can say the same.  Last, while we are appreciative for your input, our ideal and quest will not
 change.  We have set the stage and now its time for all of us to play (nicely).

  So...Anyone up for some hobby horse races?

  In service to all Dreams,

  Yu Xue XianXian
  Miscreant 'Gypsy Queen'
  Queen of Misrule of the Court of Miracles
  Spoon and
  Goliard at Large

  "Never judge a man by the gifts he bears."
  -Chinese Proverb.