[Loch-Ruadh] Hey all

Dana sca004 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 5 16:54:14 PDT 2008

We are a friendly group and would be honored if you would join us at any of
our activities.
Have you been active in the SCA previously or are you new to the SCA?

We're glad you have delurked and if you have any questions just ask. We will
try to point you in the right direction.

*¨¨*:.(¯`'.¸ Dana ¸.'´¯) .:*¨¨*

Padraig wrote:
Greetings, and well met!

Lughnasad is indeed our annual event, and is a lot of fun.  You can check
out more about what will go on at the Shire website at
http://lochruadh.org/.  It's a great event to come and see the hospitality
of Loch Ruadh, but the actual location is at the First Monday Trade Days
site in Canton.

A closer (in distance and on the calendar) venue to meet and get to know
us would be our monthly Bardic gathering.  We get together to share a
pot-luck meal, and sing, recite poetry and tell stories, visit, chat and
generally have a good time.  This month's gathering is on the 28th, and
will be held in White Settlement.

Also check out the online calendar on the website for other gatherings and
meetings.  You are most welcome to come to any or all of them.  The
various calendar items have people to contact by email and/or phone for
more info, or you can post any questions to this list and generally get an
answer (or several) within a few hours.

One gathering that is not on the calendar that you might like to come to
will be the Seventh (or is it Eighth?) Annual Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain
Wake and Revel - I decided years ago that I didn't like the idea of my
friends getting together to drink and party after I was gone, so I decided
to have my wake while I could still enjoy it.  It was so much fun that we
have made it an annual party, and I would be very pleased if you and your
lady could attend.  It will take place on 5 July, and like you, my lady
and I live in Weatherford.

More info will be posted on this list about dates and times of the various
gatherings and meetings, again with contact information.  Please feel free
to post any questions you have - we're a talkative bunch and love to talk
about Loch Ruadh and the SCA in general.

I look forward to meeting you and your lady.

In Service,
Padraig
Lughnasad Co-Autocrat
--