[Loch-Ruadh] UpComing Exhibit at the Kimbell

Klfrench1023 at aol.com Klfrench1023 at aol.com
Tue Jun 24 11:02:01 PDT 2008

In a message dated 6/24/2008 10:05:01 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
steverourke at charter.net writes:

Art and  Love in Renaissance Italy
March 15-June 14, 2009

Among the most  extraordinary works created by artists in Renaissance Italy
are those made  to celebrate love and marriage. This exhibition will present
a group of  exceptional objects that commemorate the most profound moments of

Renaissance life-betrothal, marriage, and the birth of a child-as well as
more informal bonds of love. Dating from 1400 to 1600 they will range from
the painted panels of great bridal chests, to marriage portraits and
paintings that extolled sensual love and fertility. Also included will be
outstanding ceramics, glassware, jewelry, prints and  drawings.

Whee!  This is right up my alley!!!!  I'm up for a trip.

Caterina