[Loch-Ruadh] Fwd: Needleworkers' Guild

Terry Sikes tdsikes at prodigy.net
Tue Mar 18 15:38:33 PDT 2008

Are the needleworkers' meeting tonight?

  Terrence

Klfrench1023 at aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 3/11/2008 9:15:55 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
tdsikes at prodigy.net writes:

Sorry, for some reason this e-mail got put in my spam
file and I didn't see it until after I already got
home. I would have dropped by otherwise. Hope it
went well.

Thanks for organizing!
Terrence

Too bad; you were missed. We had a really good time, and discussed making
needle cases as a guild to add to the prize baskets for Lughnasad. There were
seven of us in attendance: Antonia, Fiona, Elizabeth, Bice, Dana, Catrin,
and Caterina. I will be sending you a full report on the meeting for you to
add to your
A & S report.

Our first costume workshop is next Tuesday, and we will be starting Viking
tunics and Hangeroks (aprons). These tunics are unisex, so gentlemen, you can
bring your fabric if you wish to make one. Supplies needed are: the same
amount of fabric that you would use for a tee tunic (3-4 yards) of linen,
linen-look blends, wool, etc.; pins; chalk; scissors, thread; measuring tape;
any trim that is suitable for Viking clothing. For the hangerok, the amount of
fabric will be approximately 1 1/2 times your largest measurement (hips or
bust) and trim or yarn for the straps. Anyone who doesn't wish to make a
Viking tunic or hangerok, please feel free to come anyway--just bring what ever
you're working on, or pitch in to help someone else.

For the needle cases, please bring any suitable fabric scraps that are large
enough to cover a needle case, plastic canvas, yarn, ribbon, or trim scraps
that you might have lying around. Also, if you have any odd or interesting
buttons that aren't being used for anything else, bring those, too. I will
make up a couple of prototypes so that you can see what they look like. If
anyone wants to get fancy and bead or embroider a couple to give away to
whomever presides over Lughnasad court, that would be great. I have tons of beads
and pearls here at the house.

I will be sending out a reminder notice as we get closer to our next meeting
date. Thanks for coming, and I look forward to seeing you again next time!

Caterina