[Loch-Ruadh] Fwd: Needleworkers' Guild

Klfrench1023 at aol.com Klfrench1023 at aol.com
Tue Mar 25 10:45:44 PDT 2008

When: March 25, 2008 at 7:30 pm

Where: the home of Mistress Caterina  Fregoso

Map to location: Yahoo map link  is
http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=32.612991&lon=-97.386894&mag=2&q1=4341%20Mead
owknoll%20DrFort%20Worth%2C%20TX%2076123

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The  Fiber Arts and Needleworkers' Guild is a gathering of folks to share
their  mutual interest in all things related to the Fiber Arts.  This first
meeting is an open project night and discussion of future group activities,
classes, and workshops.  Please bring anything that you are working on  currently,
or any project with which you might need help or input.

We will be starting Viking tunics and  Hangeroks (aprons).  These tunics are
unisex, so gentlemen, you can bring your fabric if you  wish to make one.
Supplies needed are:  the same amount of fabric  that you would use for a tee
tunic (3-4 yards) of linen, linen-look blends,  wool, etc.; pins; chalk;
scissors, thread; measuring tape; any trim that is  suitable for Viking clothing.
For the hangerok, the amount of fabric will  be approximately 1 1/2 times your
bust measurement and trim or yarn for the  straps.  Anyone who doesn't wish to
make a Viking tunic or hangerok, please  feel free to come anyway--just bring
what ever you're working on, or pitch in to  help someone else.  Please
download a copy of whatever you are wanting to  make from the websites that I sent
to the list.  They are:
_Viking Apron Dress by  Vigdís_
(http://www.silverdor.org/viking/vikingad.html)
_http://earlyperiod.com/inc/pattern-apron-kolfinna-svana.pdf_
(http://earlyperiod.com/inc/pattern-apron-kolfinna-svana.pdf)
_Viking / Norse  Underdress_
(http://www.silverdor.org/viking/underdress.html)
_The  Vikings!_
(http://www.vikingsonline.org.uk/resources/articles/dress.htm)

For the needle cases, please bring any suitable fabric scraps that are  large
enough to cover a needle case, plastic canvas, yarn, ribbon, or trim  scraps
that you might have lying around.  Also, if you have any odd or  interesting
buttons that aren't being used for anything else, bring those,  too.  I have
made up a couple of prototypes so that you can see what they  look like.  If
anyone wants to get fancy and bead or embroider a couple to  give away to
whomever presides over Lughnasad court, that would be great.   I have tons of beads
and pearls here at the house.

Wearing garb is not required--it is easier to wear loose modern  clothes.

For more info contact the Mistress Caterina at  817-423-4807

Home.