[Loch-Ruadh] Herman, now TV commercials

Terry Sikes tdsikes at prodigy.net
Tue May 20 19:46:48 PDT 2008

Anyone noticing the TV commercials I've seen that seem
to be SCA bent?

First there was the candy bar commercial where a guy
in a toga tells a guy dressed as a Viking that the
store is out of candy bars and the Viking throws a
trash can, then tells him he got the new candy bar and
the Viking throws another trash can.  There is a 2nd
commercial with the same two guys.

Then the other day I saw a pizza commercial where the
pizza delivery person is at the door and a guy in
armor is telling her they just did a re-enactment of a
medieval battle.  One of the guys yells "They didn't
have pizza delivery in the middle ages!" and shoots a
flaming arrow into the car, which explodes.

Terrence