[Loch-Ruadh] Military Folks in the SCA (was: Terrorrist's Group)

Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain padraig_ruad at irishbard.org
Sat Apr 25 08:57:48 PDT 2009

I guess it's not really surprising the number of former and current
members of the armed forces there are in the SCA.  Obviously, some of
the drawing power is combat and weaponry, plus a lot of us have been
stationed in Europe and got to see the historical castles, battle sites,
etc., that make up so much of the Period we recreate.

If you are military (current or former), what initially attracted you to
the SCA?

For me it was primarily the bardic arts, though I like the combat arts
as well.