[Loch-Ruadh] Glaslyn Artisan & a class

Deana Covel Whitney dmcovel79 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 19 19:26:33 PDT 2009

Greetings Everyone,

 Glaslyn Artisan is this weekend. It is an off calender event.

First I want to encourage artisans who were inspired by Steppes Artisan last weekend to come out and display at Glaslyn.  The Canton is choosing their Defender & their Keeper. It is a body of work with a limit of 5 items. There is also a novice competition for arts learned in the last year, documentation optional.  The event is a much smaller place to display, but can be lots of fun.

Second, I will be teaching "Brocade: A Different Approach." This class teaches a different method of brocade weaving than normally found in books. Students should bring a loom pre-warped with 11 cards in one color of thread.  I will also have a practice loom for students to share if they don't have a loom.

If you have questions about the class, please email me.

In Service,
 Hanna von Dahl, OL
 CR MoAS

"Burn brightly without burning out." - Richard Briggs