[Loch-Ruadh] Populace Meeting Last Night

Loch Ruadh Seneschal seneschal at lochruadh.org
Thu Dec 3 07:52:21 PST 2009

Great Populace Meeting last night!  Not only did we get through all of our business, but the majority of those who attended where able to come in garb - which got us many odd looks from the other IHOP patrons, though the staff seemed to take it all in stride.  All in all, it was great fun.  (Why does "Freaking the Mundanes"  keep running through my head?)

As Lady Kat has already posted, congratulations to HL Aingeal and Lady Catrin on receiving their Embers.  On behalf of the Embers, let me say that this was a very difficult decision, because there are so many people in Loch Ruadh who deserve recognition for all of the hard work and other contributions they make to the Shire, and we had a hard time chosing just two out of a long list.  Many thanks to our dear friend Baroness Ameline, who helped us make the presentation ceremony much more special.  Vivat to Laird Caerell for the beautiful copper Embers he made, and to Lady Floria and Mistress Caterina for painting the scrolls.  (I understand that Caterina's was done with "help" from her granddaughter.)

Saturday is Yule Revel, our event for this year!  I hope that everyone in Loch Ruadh will be able to attend, with as many as possible of our good friends from Elfsea, Steppes, Emerald Keep, Rosenfeld, Glaslyn, Lindenwood, and of course, Dragonsfire Tor, where the event is being held.  (I limited my list to the groups of the Central Region, as there are several other events taking place around the Kingdom this weekend, and Kingdom Eistedfodd is taking place at Stargate Yule, giving Ansteorrans many choices of where to go.)

Site setup for Yule will take place Friday afternoon and evening, beginning about 2:30pm.  If you can lend a hand in hanging banners, sheet walls and greenery, setting up tables and the multitude of other tasks that are involved in getting ready, the autocrats, Lady Catrin and Lord Kaz, will be very happy to see you show up.  Bring a staple gun (and staples) if you have one, to secure the decorations to the walls of the hall.

I look forward to seeing everyone Saturday (and at least some of you tomorrow for setup).

In Service,