[Loch-Ruadh] Archers, cross posted from Steppes list

Terry Sikes tdsikes at prodigy.net
Tue Feb 10 13:37:46 PST 2009

Cross posted from Steppes List.

Terrence

Greeting Archers,?
?
Not getting enough archery to sate that need to fling arrows down
range?? Wish you could do something about it?? Yeah, us too!?
Our solution, let's just hold a archery tournament ourselves!?
?
You are hereby invited to join us?following the March 8th 2009
Steppes Archery Practice for our Unofficial Archer's Pot Luck Revel
& Prize?Tournament sponsored by the Draconian Horde in conjunction
with participating members of?our local?Arc d' Or.? Come join us for
a fun filled afternoon of archery contests held in grand fashion!??Test
your skill against other members of our region's archery community
for?word fame and?a chance?of?winning the contents of our tournament's
prize chest!
?
But wait, we're not just asking archers to come, all are welcome!? We?
invite?our local bards & heralds to come join in, entertain between?the
contests and help to announce competitors to the line.? Good practice
for aspiring new bards & heralds to hone their skill and our more
experienced to have a bit of their own fun.? Not to mention we are
encouraging our competitors to tip or otherwise reward our medieval
publicist less their reputations may suffer, wink wink, nudge nudge!
?
There is no admission fee?the tournament is?free, we just ask you
to bring something to contribute to our?pot luck and since it's a see
& be seen affair please attend in garb.? OK, the tournament - if you
wish to compete bring something to contribute to the prize chest
(something you would enjoy receiving yourself) and use a bow or
crossbow that complies with?our?"open" Royal Rounds division.?
?
The winner of the contents of the prize chest shall be determined
by the highest?number of combined contests & persona points
(yep, you heard right, you can gain up to nine extra points?for
period persona play).
?
So bring your pop-ups and/or day pavilions, chairs,?banners and
compete or otherwise be prepared to enjoy a relaxing afternoon.? ?
Visit with friends and cheer or jeer?our region's archers as they try
their best to?live up to the boastful introductions they bribed?our
heralds to give.? Come early and get warmed up during Steppes
Archery Practice, maybe even get that away score you need for
the Royal Rounds.
?
Steppes Archery Practice is at Eastfield College on Motley Dr.
in Mesquite TX, the archery range is located next to the tennis
courts.? Parking is available across the street at the far end of
the Baptist church's parking lot.? Practice?runs from?11AM?to
1PM.??Our unofficial tournament shall begin at the close of the
official practice.
?
We shall be making more?post & updates?the closer?we get to
the day of the unofficial tournament.
?
Please note:? Eastfield is a school and all local & state laws
do apply...no swords, knives, daggers or other edged ?
weapons, and no alcohol please!??
?
?
Regards,