[Loch-Ruadh] Loch Ruadh Get Together

Tom Miller tbone2070 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 13:34:47 PDT 2009

Aurelia,

I hope to see you there. If you have any trouble finding the house, the
number is 817-738-7720.

That goes for all you shiny new folks that I've been talking to through
email and phone calls, and those I haven't had the chance to talk to yet.
This event was planned to be just a casual get together of the shire, no
agenda, no garb, no fighting (unless theres a shortage of a
particularly tasty desert.) This is a good chance for those of you who are
new to the group to get to know the shire folks who may not be that shiny
and new.

A good rule of thumb for most SCA events is to bring chairs and drinks/cups,
enough for you and your group. There will almost always be some extra drinks
and seating for those who forget, but those can run out quickly. The next
thing you know, the host is out of cups and folks are siting on the floor.
Don't let any of that stop you from joining in and having fun. I've lost
track of how many times I've showed up to bardic or scribes and thought "Aw
crap. I forgot my chair again." We'll make due.

This particular event is a desert pot luck. Bring something yummy to share.
Don't feel like you have to bring a ton, or worry if you can't bring
something.

Thomas the Grey
Hospitaler of The Shire of Loch Ruadh