[Loch-Ruadh] We Need Our Own Castle

Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain padraig_ruad at irishbard.org
Wed Jun 24 07:58:03 PDT 2009

Amber and I toured Warwick Castle as well, when we visited her parents in 2002.  Apparently during the summer there are a lot of re-enactments that go on in and around the castle.

One of the coolest things was watching and talking with the armourer, who was making chainmail down in the armory.  Got to talk to him about welded and riveted rings, though the majority of what he makes is butted rings (much like most of us who have tried our hand at it in the SCA).  But the castle was great, and if I had the money, I'd build a replica here in Loch Ruadh.

Padraig
Nunc Est Bibendum
Politicians prefer unarmed peasants.
Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.
- John Stark