[Loch-Ruadh] Way off topic and I appologise but thought you might need to know

Kazimierz Złowieszczy kazoflr at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 15:02:05 PDT 2009

The way I read them, these are GOOD propositions.
Prop 2, requires that the taxing agency value your house as a RESIDENCE -
even if it COULD be used for commercial purposes. There has been talk in the
past that if you have a 4 bedroom house and only three family members, the
"rental" value of the "UNUSED" bedrooms rooms should be taxed at a
commercial rate, based on current rental rates in your area. This prop would
not allow that to happen.

Prop 3, looks as if it would require all counties in the state to value
residences based on a uniform formulation. I don't know if you have ever
lived in Austin, but their way of evaluating property values is way out of
touch with the market. As the economy stays depressed, counties and school
districts are looking for more creative ways to tax your home and property.
This proposal would force these agencies to follow the same process from
county/ISD to county/ISD.

Prop 1, is unrelated to these two props. It is HJR 132, while props 2 and 3
are HJR 36.

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 3:16 PM, Julie Self <julie_self at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks!  I think I'll be at the polls.
>
> Loch Ruadh Rocks!
> Beam me sideways, Scottie. These people don't know which way is up!
>

> > Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 10:29:51 -0500
> > From: prohero1 at gmail.com
> > To: loch-ruadh at lists.ansteorra.org
> > Subject: [Loch-Ruadh] Way off topic and I appologise but thought you
> might need to know
> >
> > Many of us are home owners and really don't want to pay more taxes than
> we
> > do already.
> > **
> > http://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/voter/2009novballotexp.shtml
> >
> > I may be reading this incorrectly but
> >
> > Proposition 2 authorizes the legislature to tax homeowners property (I
> don't
> > think they will just stay around military bases)
> > Proposition 3 sets standards and practices for said tax (so they set your
> > value and tax you owe?)
> >
> > Interesting that I haven't heard of this until this week.
> > I urge everyone to vote if you can.

Pan Kazimierz Złowieszczy
Lordy Lord Kaz the Sinister