[Loch-Ruadh] Subject: SCA Culture Class - Chivalry and Courtesy in the SCA

Loch Ruadh Seneschal seneschal at lochruadh.org
Tue Apr 6 13:57:11 PDT 2010

I had meant to put out more information on this class before now.  My apologies for not doing so.

It was suggested that we hold classes on how things work in the SCA, and rather than an "SCA 101" format, that it might be helpful to present more of an "SCA 202" style, to help out not only newcomers, but also provide refresher info for anyone who wanted it.

With this in mind, I thought that a good place to start would be with Chivalry and Courtesy.  (Note: future classes will be coordinated through our MOAS, Lady Eleanor.  Due to unforeseen circumstances, I did not follow up with her as I had intended.)

Who better to teach a class on Chivalry and Courtesy than Master Airaklee Wolf?  He has graciously consented to do so, and asked that we hold the class before Fighter Practice this coming Saturday, so that the fighters can apply the new knowledge they gain on the list field.  But Chivalry and Courtesy are for everyone, not just fighters, so I hope we will have a good turnout.

In Service,
Padraig
Seneschal

P.S.  Eleanor, if Airaklee provides a handout, I'll make sure you get a copy.  Otherwise, I will try to take good notes.