[Loch-Ruadh] Snow day

Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain padraig_ruad at irishbard.org
Fri Feb 12 09:18:44 PST 2010

I almost thought I was back in New Hampshire's North Country.  We had over a foot of snow at Tir O'Maolagain when I went to bed around midnight, and the snowfall was just tapering off.  It's been a lot of years since I've seen that much snow in one storm.  For a wonder, we didn't lose power, though both the television and internet were out due to snow buildup on the satellite dishes (not comparable to no electricity, I know).  Getting out of the driveway this morning was the biggest problem in getting to work - good thing I put 300 pounds of sand (in bags) in the bed of the truck after the Christmas Eve storm, or I wouldn't have had enough traction to make it up even that small slope.  I-20 and I-30 were mostly clear.

I could ramble on about the blizzards I saw as a boy, but old guys telling stories about the weather from 40 years ago is incredibly boring - though I know that usually doesn't stop me.  ;D

Padraig

Nunc Est Bibendum
Politicians prefer unarmed peasants.
Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.
- John Stark