[Loch-Ruadh] Gulf War Kitchen

Cat fem_cat at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 19 12:30:47 PST 2010

Greetings unto the wonderful populace of Loch Ruadh!

I hope this missive finds you all happy and well! I know this weather has me busily
planning for a trip in the very near future. Where will I be going you might be asking....
why.. did you not hear?!

There are only 53 more days until the first day of Gulf Wars XIX!

As you have already been reminded, the Gulf War planning meeting will be on the 24th at
the home of Lord Alric and Lady Fiona and as kitchen coordinator I would like to make a
request to all those planning on participating in the kitchen and camping with Loch Ruadh

Please let me know the names of all those who will be camping with you (including
children and their ages) for the camp chore list by the camp registration cut off. Don't
worry! Nothing heavy, just torch duty and trash pick up. Easy peasy stuff like that! Every
one who camps on the land is asked to help maintain it so no single person is burdened
with the duty. Many hands makes light work.

I would also ask that if you are planning on participating in the one pot meals we offer each
night that you take the time to come up with TWO possible meal choices that your family
would be willing to make (you will only make one of those two) so that we can discuss and
vote on what meals we wish to have at war and who will be preparing them. Plan on
bringing a basic ingredient list so that we can address allergy concerns. We will have a
better understanding of how many we will be cooking for once the registrations are
complete, but we generally plan on 25-30 persons.

Keep in mind that we will be feeding very active children and multiple heavy fighters who
very often have spent the entire day burning calories running amok.. I mean.. running
about. Hearty & filling meals are suggested (and appreciated!)  to keep every ones
energies up for the war. If you need some meal ideas do not hesitate to ask past
campers what they enjoyed.

I will also be bringing the camp carry list to be passed around as well. So if you think you
can transport some Shire equipment or donate some needed supplies please feel free to
sign up! It will be passed around during the meeting as well.

I truly think this will be a wonderful war and I cannot wait to see you all there!!

53 days and counting!

In Service,

Lady Kat the Blackhearted
Shire of Loch Ruadh