[Loch-Ruadh] January Officer Meeting Notes

Cat fem_cat at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 25 12:30:18 PST 2010

Officer's Meeting Notes
Jan - 2010

A&S News:
Lord Padraig got word of the new MOAS from Mistress Hanna van Dahl and announced it
to the officers. Lady Eleanor is the new MOAS for Loch Ruadh. Lady Catrin was thanked
for her willingness to bid on the office as well, and was encouraged to serve as a deputy.

Chamberlain:
Lady Marion has set the Inventory Date! Saturday, February 6th at 10am. Please come
help sort, count, clean and organize the Shire's inventory

NOTE! If you are in posession of any Shire property please give the Chamberlain a
complete inventory of it before the inventory day.

Shed Notations:
Lord Padraig will be contacting Lord Rolf about shelving

Cait will be pricing totes/tubs for replacement

Vivian is graciously donating 2 rubbermaid bins

Gryffydd suggested separate totes for walls and hardware, color coated to match
metal/plastic parts to top/walls (there was much rejoicing at the idea)

We will be discussing tub purchase at populace

Budget news:
Lady Bice suggests we work the budget for the 2010 event and reminded us that any
budget for the event and feast has to be approved by the financial committee before being
presented to the populace

Financial Suggestions:
Lord Padraig stressed the need for Loch Ruadh to begin planning future fundraising activities.

Demos:
Lady Cait inquired about the possibilty of doing a demo for the THEA group, a
homeschooling group. This will include both the children and their parents

Lord Padraig will be emailing Lady Sybil about the museum demo she suggested in the
past

Lord Kaz will be gathering information about a demo at Mayfest

Knight Marshal:
Lord Vemundr discussed the current condition of the loaner armor and it was decided that
he will bring it to the official armor workshop for refurbishment after cleaning. He is asking
for the donation of leather, rivets, buckles & man power to get the armor in working shape.
Pictures of the armor were shown to stress the need for the work.

He will be contacting Lord Rolf regarding the roll of leather belonging to the Shire

Laird Caerell mentioned that he is in posession of rattan that was donated to the Shire,
Lord Duckie will make arrangements to pick that up as well.

Armor Workshop reminder was given: Saturday January 30th at 11am at the home of Lord Alric

Fian Ruadh Commander:
Lord Sigmarr has planned a war practice in conjunction with the Loch Ruadh fighter
practice for February. Date/Time Saturday February 20th at Zboaz park in Benbrook

2010 Event:
The event budget was discussed and suggestions made. A low to high pricing on both
tokens and feast will be added.

Lady Catrin suggested that any invitations we send out be preprinted with text BEFORE
painting.

Event Bid will be discussed and voted on at the February Officer's meeting

Gulf War:
Gulf War meeting reminder was given and a short discussion about what it will include happened.

Shed Load out date for GW was set for Sunday March 7th, Time to be Announced

A gate trip was discussed, the date will be announced when official

Miscellaneous Discussion:

Lord Padraig congratulated Lord Sigmarr on his new Sable Talon. Vivat!

Lord Padraig talked about the King's Battle Ribbon, letting us know the
history of how he
earned it and what it means. He was very hopeful that
some day Fian Ruadh will be
honored with this achievement.

Lord Padraig spoke about recruitment and fostering of newcomers

If I have forgotten anything I apologize, please feel free to add to the list or make
corrections.

Lady Katheryn de Ryes
Shire of Loch Ruadh, Deputy to the Seneschal
Kingdom of Ansteorra