[Loch-Ruadh] OT - Killing Fire Ants

Cat fem_cat at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 29 10:48:12 PST 2010

Since we are posting neat tricks let me share with you all my drano dilemma. You see my
kitchen pipes mysteriously got filled with grease one very very cold night (It was Sigmarr's
night for dishes...that's all I am saying) and no matter what we did we could not get the
grease clog to budge. We snaked, augured, screamed at, cajoled, whined, doused with
boiling water and flooded it with harsh chemicals. NOTHING was going to make that grease move out.

For two days we battled the clog

So I called the plumber. The phone quote he gave me was for a $200 minimum visit and
dependant on where the clog was...maybe more!  Obviously I opted to look for other
options.

This is when I used  "THE GOOGLE".... here is the solution it gave me.

After bailing out the water or draining the sink fully. Take 1 cup of salt water and pour it
down the clogged drain. Then pour 1 cup dry baking soda down the same drain after the
salt water. Following that you pour 1 tea kettle full of boiling water down on top of the
baking soda. INSTANT relief! And I do mean instant. There wasn't a slow drain process, it
stripped the clog out immediately and cleared the pipes.

$200 saved!

Kat