[Loch-Ruadh] Subject: Populace Meeting and Gate trip

Terry Sikes tdsikes at prodigy.net
Tue Jun 1 19:26:19 PDT 2010

Got back about 7 PM from the Gate trip.  I have an appointment at the dentist tomorrow to have root canal, so I won't be at Populace.

The new paint was a little lighter than the old paint and didn't improve when it dried, so to keep it from looking bad I painted the entire underside of the henge, including the screws, screen, and the caulk.  Marion painted the plywood over the former doors with the old paint and it looked pretty good.  I didn't have any trouble putting the sign back up.  I got finished painting at about 1 and it started raining about 2, then was getting dark by the time it stopped, so I didn't take any pictures of the finished gate, but it looked pretty good.

The scaffold got back to the rental company without any problems.

My thanks to everyone that came and helped.  Those that didn't, we had ice cream and you missed out.

Terrence