[Loch-Ruadh] Sad Tidding

Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain padraig_ruad at irishbard.org
Wed Mar 31 06:55:15 PDT 2010

So, we'll go no more a-roving
So late into the night,
Though the heart be still as loving,
And the moon be still as bright.

For the sword outwears its sheath,
And the soul wears out the breast,
And the heart must pause to breathe,
And love itself have rest.

Though the night was made for loving,
And the day returns too soon,
Yet we'll go no more a-roving
By the light of the moon.

                                        -Byron

My soul is heavy with sympathy for Brighid, and grief for the loss of my friend and brother.

Brighid, my and Amber's thoughts and prayers are with you, and both your and Bear's families.  May God grant you strength and grace to sustain you in this most difficult of time.  If there is anything that we can do, you have only to ask.

It is my honor and very great privilege to be have been a friend and man-at-arms to Conor Mac Namara.  I can only hope that I was at least half the friend to him that he was to me.

Over many years, and many miles
My heart will be with you
For I know that we will meet again
Far beyond Loch Ruadh